Attempt any SIX questions. [6x5 = 30]
11.Subtract: 675.6 – 456.4 using both 10's and 9's complement.
12.What is universal logic gate? Realize NAND and NOR as an universal logic gates. [1+2+2]
13. Simplify (using K- map) the given Boolean function F in both SOP and POS using don't care conditions D: B'CD' + A'BC'D F = B'C'D' + BCD' + ABCD' [2+3]
14.Define encoder: Draw logic diagram and truth table of octal - to - binary encoder. [1 + 4]
15.What is D flip-flop? Explain clocked RS flip-flop with its logic diagram and truth table.[1+4]
16.Design MOD - 5 counter with state and timing diagram.[2+1+2]
17. Design a 4 - bit serial into parallel- out shift register with timing diagram. [3+2]
Attempt any TWO questions.[2x10 = 20]
18. Write difference between PLA and PAL. Design a PLA circuit with given functions.
F1 (A, B, C) = Σ (2, 3, 5)
F2 (A, B, C) = Σ (0, 4, 5, 7).
Design PLA program table also.[3+7]
19.Define D flip-flop. Design a Master-slave flip-flop by using JK flip-flop along with its circuit diagram and truth table. [2+8]
20.Write down the difference between asynchronous and synchronous counter. Design a 4-bit binary ripple counter along with its circuit, state and timing diagram. [3+7]
Attempt any Six question
2. Subtract: 1010.110 - 101.101 using both 2's and 1's complement.
3. Simplify (using k-map) the given Boolean unction in both SOP and POS using the don't case condition d:
f(A,B,C,D) = π(0,1,3,7,8,12) πd (5,10,13,14)
4. Define decoder. Draw logic diagram and truth table of 3 to 8-line decoder.
5. Define ROM. Implement the following combinational logic function using ROM:
6. What are the drawbacks of clocked RS Flip Flop? Explain the operation of JK Flipflop along with its circuit diagram and characteristic table.
7. What is T-Flip Flop? Explain clocked JK Flip-Flop with its logic diagram and truth table.
8. Design MOD-7 counter with state and timing diagram
Attempt any Two question
9. Define PLA. Design PLA circuit with given funtion.
F1(A,B,C) = Σ (3,5,6,7)
F2(A,B,C) = Σ (0,2,4,7).
Design PLA Program table also
10. Distinguish between sequential and combinational logic with example? Discuss the design procedure of combinational logic.
11. A sequential circuit with two D flip flops, A and B, two inputs x and y, and one output z, us specified by the following next state and output equations.
A(t + 1) = x'y + xA
B(t + 1) = x/B + xA
z = B
a) Draw the logic diagram.
b) Derive the state table.
c) Derive the state diagram.
Attempt any SIX questions. [6x5 = 30]
2. Define Digital Logic. Explain digital signal with its applications, advantages and disadvantages. [1 + 4]
3. Define positional number System 
calculate following: a) Subtract 21 from 35 using 2's complement method 
b) Convert (62.75)10 into single precision floating point format 
4. Define universal gate. Explain Universal gates with their graphical symbol, algebraic expression, truth table, and Venn diagram [1 + 4]
5. Define Decoder. Explain binary to octal converter with block diagram, truth table and logic diagram[1 + 4]
6. Simplify the Boolean function F(w,x,y,z) = π(0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14) and don't care conditions d(w,x,y,z) = π(1,3,9,11) using K-Map method for both SOP and POS form [2.5 + 2.5]
7. Degine Multiplexer. Explain 4:1 multiplexer with its block diagram, truth table and logic diagram [1 + 4]
8. Write short Notes on (any Two): [2.5 + 2.5]
a) Parallel Adder
c) State Diagram
Attempt any TWO Questions
9. Explain JK and T FlipFlop with their Logic and Diagram, grapical symbol, characteristic table, characteristic equation and excitation table. [5 + 5]
10. Differentiate between asynchronous and synchronous sequential circuits with example. Draw a block diagram, truth table and timing diagram to store 2001 in 4-bit SIPO register. [4 + 6]
11. Define counter. Write a procedure to design a counter circuit. Design MOD-8 up counter [1 + 2 + 7]