English - 1
Attempt any Six question
2. What are the major functions of the decision support system? Explain.
2. How has the micro-chip technology changed the world forever? Ilustrate.
4. Give the meaning of "network of networks" and then explain the main use of ALGOL.
5. Give some specific names of clipboard computers now available in the market and then explain the two different jobs of 'infector' and 'detonator'.
6. Why did the developers of the PAL system invent interlaced video? What are its advantages and disadvantages? Explain.
7. "Computers are about to take people to places they have never been able to visit before." Explain the statement basing on the essay 'Fancy a fantasy Spacecraft?'.
8. Discuss some of tasks/jobs suited to robots only, and show the impact of robotics revolution felt in modern society.
Attempt any Two question
9. Perhaps you manage a computing specializing in multi-media hardware and software. : Prepare a leaflet to inform companies of the potential benefits of using multimedia.
Write a letter of inquiry to a college or university requesting information about a degree program. Be specific in your request, and follow the criteria for writing letters of inquiry.
10. You work in the purchasing department of an industry where a major project is being introduced at work. Employees working under your supervision need suggestion from you. Write a memo providing your response in regard to their individuai responsibilities.
Write a complete CV of your own to be sent with the covering letter while applying for a job
11. Write an essay about a problem that directly involves you. Choose a problem you see in your neighborhood, your college, or your job, and explain how it should be solved.