Microprocessor and Computer Architecture
Attempt any SIX questions. [6 x 5 = 30]
11. Explain the Bus organization of 8085 Microprocessor.
12. Explain the opcode fetch machine cycle for MVI A, 32H with timing diagram.
13. Explain the 8085 Instruction addressing modes with example.
14. Explain the memory hierarchy with diagram.
15. Explain the organization of Microprogrammed Control Unit.
16. Define control word. Explain the procedure for generating control word for specific operation.
17. Define instruction pipeline. Explain the four-segment instruction pipeline with example.
Attempt any Two Questions. [10 x 2 = 20]
18. Explain the functional block diagram of 8085 Microprocessor.
19. Explain the design and control logic of Accumulator.
20. Explain the different data transfer and manipulation instructions with example.
Attempt any Six question
2. Define CPU. Differentiate between Microprocessor and Microcontroller with example.
3. Define instruction cycle. Explain the opcode fetch machine cycle for MOV A, B with timing diagram. (Opcode: MOV A, B = 78h)
4. Write on ALP using 8085 to check number stored in memory location 8080h is either even or odd.
5. What is cache memory? Explain the elements of cache design.
6. Explain the organization of Microprogrammed Control Unit
7. What is pipeline? Explain the four segment instruction pipeline.
8. Write short notes on (any two):
b) 8085 Interrupts
c) Structure of Hard Disk
Attempt any Two question
9. Define instruction set. Classify the instructions available in 8085 with example.
10. Define the addressing mode. Explain the various instruction addressing modes with example.
11. Define micro-program? Describe symbolic micro-program for instruction FETCH routine. Explain the organization of micro-program sequencer for control memory with suitable diagram.