CMAT Entrance 2017
Direction: In the following the questions choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the capitalized word.
Directions: Select the word which is closest to the opposite in meaning of the word in capital letters.
Directions: Select the proper propositions to fill in the blanks in the following questions:
11. He reminds me ........ his old history teacher.
12. She always looks ........ herself in the mirror.
13. Lalita was stopped by the police for driving .......... 55 mph.
14. Go .......... these stairs until you reach the top floor.
15. He's very good ......... telling jokes.
Directions: In questions given below out of four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given word/sentences.
16. Extreme old age when a man behaves like a fool.
17. That which cannot be seen
18. To accustom oneself to a foreign climate
19. On who knows everything
20. Detailed plan of journey
Directions: Read the following passage and answer the questions that follow the passage, based on the options to each question.
Courage is not only the basis of virtue, it is its expression. Faith, hope, charity and all the rest don't become virtues until it takes courage to exercise them. There are roughly two types of courage. The first an emotional state which urges a man to risk injury or death, is physical courage. The second, more reasoning attitude which enables him to take coolly: his career, his happiness, his whole future or his judgment of what he thinks either right or worthwhile, is moral courage. I have known many men, who had marked physical courage, but lacked moral courage. Some of them were in high places, bit they failed to be great in themselves because they lacked moral courage. On the other hand, I have seen men who undoubtedly possessed moral courage but were very cautious about taking physical risks. But i have never met a man with moral courage who couldn't when it was reality necessary, face a situation boldly.
21. A man of courage is
22. Physical courage is an expression of
23. Aman with moral courage can
Defy his enemies
Overcome all difficulties
Be very pragmatic.
Face a situation boldly
24. All virtues becomes meaningful because of
25. People with physical courage often lack
Capacity for reasoning
Will to fight
Directions: Find the best answers for the questions given below.
26. A sum lent out at 12% per annum compound interest for two years amounts to Rs. 15660. The sum lent is
27. The interest rate that doubles a sum in 10 years is
28. What least number must be added to 1056, so that the sum is completely divisible by 23?
29. Ramesh invested a sum of money at simple interest at a certain rate of interest for three years. Had it been invested at a 4% higher rate, it would have fetched Rs. 480 more, Find out the principal amount that was invested by Ramesh?
30. A salary of an officer being increased by 10% every year becomes Rs 48400 in the third year. What was his original salary?
31. When Usha was thrice as old as Nisha, her sister Asha was 25. When Nisha was half as old as Asha, then sister Usha was 34. Their ages add to 100. How old is Usha?
32. The average of a family of five members is 24 years. If the present age of the youngest member is 8 years, what was the average age of the family at the time of the birth of the youngest member?
1397 x 1397 = ?
34. Parash Khadka takes 5 wickets for 26 run in the final match match due to which his bowling average improves by 2. His old bowling average was 14. Find the total number of wickets after the final match.
35. The average mark of a class in a science test is 75. Geeta was the topper with 96 marks. ff her mark was wrongly entered as 69, the average of the class decreases by 1. Find the number of students in the class?
36. Arun obtained 76, 65, 82, 67, and 85 marks (out in 100) in English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Physics. What is his average mark ?
37. In an examination, a student's average marks were 63. If he had obtained 20 more marks for his Geography and 2. more marks for his history, his average would have been 65. How many subjects were there in the examination?
38. The average of six numbers is x and the average of three of these is y. If the average of the remaining three is z, then
2x = y + z
x = y + z
x = 2y + 2z
None of these
39. In an election between two candidates, one got 55% of the total valid votes, 20% of the votes were invalid. If the total number of votes was 7500, what was the number of valid votes that the other candidate got?
40. The population of town increased from 1,75,000 to 2,62,500 in a decade. What is the average percent increase of population per year?
41. A person cross a 600 m long street in 5 minutes. What is his speed in km per hour?
42. If a sum of money is divided equally among n children, each child will receive Rs. 60. If another child is added to the group, then when the sum is divided equally among all children, each child will receive a Rs. 50 share. What is the sum of money?
43. A vendor bought bananas at 6 for a rupee. How many for a rupee must he sell to gain 20%?
44. The largest 4 digit. number exactly divisible by 88 is:
45. (12)3 × (6)4 ÷ 432 = ?
Directions: Find the odd one out (Question 46 to Question 50).
46. 1,3,9, 12, 19, 29 :
47. 18, 27, 64, 125, 216, 343
48. 3,5, 11,14, 17, 21 .
49. 1,4,9, 16, 23, 25, 36
50. 24, 36, 52, 72, 96
Directions: Select the pair of words which best express the relationship similar to that expressed in the pair on bold letters.
51. Always : Never ::
Occasionally : Repeatedly
Often : Rarely
Words : Author
Humid : Hot
52. Sugar: Sweet ::
Ice : Cold
Butter : Cow
Wine : Grapes
53. Track: Train::
Radiation : Bomb
54. Kaski: Pokhara ::
Kathmandu : Nepal
Butwal : Bhairahawa
Jhapa : Bhadrapur
Biratnagar : Itahari
55. Rent: Land::
Wages : Bonuses
Interest : Capital
Share : Profit
Income : Salary
56. Monday : Tuesday ::
January : February
Working day : Holiday
December : Sunday
Winter : Summer
57. Ink: Paper ::
Door : Handle
Chalk : Blackboard
58. Doctor: Lawyer ::
Client : llIness
Patient : Medicines
Medicine : Fee
Patient : Client
Chair : Room
Cabin : Ship
Wheel : Chair
Refrigerator : Kitchen
60. Bee: Hive::
People : Meeting
River : Stream
Mouse : Hole
Fry : Cook
Directions: Choose the word which is least like other words in a group.
Directions: For each question, find the best answer.
71. The parts of human body are:
(a) Waist (b) Belly (c) Chest (d) Head (e) Neck (e) Foot.
Starting from the foot as we go up, the correct order of parts in a human body is
72. If 6145 stands for fade and 9451 stand for idea, what does 8978 stand for:
73. If LN NP QS DF stands for more, then SU QS TV SU stands for:
74. If BAD is coded as YZW and FIGHT is coded as URTSG, then high will be coded as
75. If 2 x 3 = 812 and 4 x.5 = 1620. Then 6x7=
Directions: In each of the following questions, select the best answer choice.
76. Highest speed of wind could be expected in case of
77. Many times we read in financial newspaper about 'FDI'. What is the full form of FDI?
Federal Department of Investigation
Foreign Direct Investment
Foreign Department of Investment
Foreign Deposit and Investment
78. What is the national currency of Afghanistan?
79. Where is the Hindu Kush mountain range located?
80. The regulatory authority for stock markets in Nepal is
Nepali Stock Exchange
Nepal Rastra Bank
Ministry of Finance
Company Registrar's Office
81. Which of the following is the largest contributor to the GDP of Nepal?
82. Which of the following payment instruments is known as plastic money?
83. A web sites main page is called as
84. Sofia is the capital of
85. Data that is copied from application is stored in the
86. Which among the following is the most common source of viruses to the hard disk of your computer?
87. Bulls and bears are the terms associated with
88. With which of the ollowing items is the trade name CG Group of industries associated?
89. Gobar gas mainly consists of
90. Which of the following is not a public sector undertaking?
Rastriya Beema Snansthan
Air Nepal International
91. Avianova airline belongs to which country?
92. Which of the following is not a Himalayan river?
93. Seismology refers to
94. Beirut is the capital of
95. Silver fish is
A term used in politics
A fish made of silver
96. Bonsai is associated with
98. Which: of the following place is not on the direct bus from Butwal to Dhangadi?
99. Mount Abu is situated in
100. Where is the Headquarter of International Court of Justice?